Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Travis Reeder <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/27 20:41:23 UTC

Messages when redirecting

Anyone opposed to doing something like this for messages after a redirect:

1. Save messages in session
2. Use messages in session and remove from session

Rather than just on the request?  This way, they can be shown after a
redirect.  At least in the tomahawk messages tag anyways.

Travis

Re: Messages when redirecting

Posted by Travis Reeder <tr...@gmail.com>.
It could be optional too, maybe a setting in web.xml like the other
extensions settings.

The thread local won't work, because a redirect is not in the same thread
(well it could be, but that would be leaving things to luck).  ;)

Travis

Posted by Travis Reeder <tr...@gmail.com>.
Just use the default and put it on the request.  You'll lose the message on
a redirect, but still have it on forwards.

Travis

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Travis Reeder <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.