Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com> on 2018/11/26 16:20:54 UTC

netbeans warning..

I'm using Apache Netbeans 9.0 to do a bunch of C/C++ development. I see
this warning when starting up and thought I might bring it to your
attention.

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.netbeans.core.windows.view.ui.MainWindow
(jar:file:/home/bwalker/netbeans-9.0/platform/modules/org-netbeans-core-windows.jar!/)
to field sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.awtAppClassName
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.netbeans.core.windows.view.ui.MainWindow
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.cnd.utils.cache.CndFileUtils]: C/C++ File Utils:
using case-sensitive file system
WARNING [org.netbeans.TopSecurityManager]: use of system property
netbeans.home has been obsoleted in favor of InstalledFileLocator/Places at
org.netbeans.modules.java.j2seplatform.platformdefinition.Util.removeNBArtifacts(Util.java:337)
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RepositoryUpdater]:
Resolving dependencies took: 5 ms
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RepositoryUpdater]:
Complete indexing of 0 binary roots took: 0 ms
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RepositoryUpdater]:
Complete indexing of 0 source roots took: 0 ms (New or modified files: 0,
Deleted files: 0) [Adding listeners took: 0 ms]
WARNING [org.netbeans.TopSecurityManager]: use of system property
netbeans.user has been obsoleted in favor of InstalledFileLocator/Places at
org.netbeans.modules.nativeexecution.support.hostinfo.impl.HostInfoFactory.getNBKey(HostInfoFactory.java:394)
WARNING [nativeexecution.support.logger]: [931 ms.] UnixHostInfoProvider:
sed: -e expression #1, char 6: unterminated `s' command

I would assume this is something that I can ignore. But, did think you
should know about it.

-brad w.

Re: netbeans warning..

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.
I'm more of a user of Netbeans vs. a developer of the IDE. Having said
that, I could possibly fix a deprecation warning or two if I had a little
bit of insight/help from others.

I also agree with your comments about WARNING..

-brad w.

Re: netbeans warning..

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
:-)

--emi

Re: netbeans warning..

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.
Thanks!

I did make that change and it fixed that issue for me..

-brad w.

Re: netbeans warning..

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Re: netbeans warning..

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
Oddly enough I was just tweeting today that we could easily fix some
of these 'WARNING' messages.

I think we are abusing them and confusing users in the process.

Normally each such WARNING should have meaning and getting one should
be interesting information.

From the looks of it: