Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org> on 2002/11/12 23:03:29 UTC

Struts 1.0.2 + Xerces 2.2.0

HI,

we (the Tomcat dev team) are experiencing some problem with Struts 1.0.2
and Xerces 2.2.0 in Tomcat. When starting Tomcat, a wrong exception is
thrown (see below). Is somedoby aware of a similar problem? I'm trying
to produce a smaller test case for the Xerces-J team (they will not fix
the bug until I produce a smaller test case :-( ). I have make some
tests and the problem doesn't seems to come from the Digester, but
directly from Xerces.

Any help will be appreciated.

-- Jeanfrancois

Parse Fatal Error at line 551 column 44: The string "--" is not
permitted within comments
.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within
comments.
         at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Sou
rce)
         at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.scanComment(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanComment(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDecls(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDTDExternalSubset(Unknown
Source)

         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
ource)
         at
Sou
rce)
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
         at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
         at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:755)