Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Vanlerberghe, Luc" <Lu...@bvdinfo.com> on 2016/03/08 10:30:05 UTC

RE: [Possibly spoofed] Re: Lucene/Solr 6.0.0 Release Branch

Hi,

I added two JIRA issues (Lucene: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7078, Solr: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8802 ) concerning Query classes that are still mutable and should either become immutable, marked as @lucene.experimental or get a comment why it’s not an issue for that case.

Since they are part of the public API, I think now is the time to update them.

I already converted MultiPhraseQuery (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7064: reviewed and committed by Adrien Grand).

Luc Vanlerberghe

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Given its triviality, I have made this change. Solr peeps, please view
the messages at the top of the two UIs and object if needs be.

Upayavira

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, at 11:24 PM, Upayavira wrote:
> I need to check whether the Solr UI messages need quietening down
> (removing the big red "experimental" banners).
>
> This is trivial work that should be done before the 6.0 release.
> Apologies for going silent here - I've been absorbing the impact of
> major life changes.
>
> Upayavira
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, at 01:37 PM, Nicholas Knize wrote:
>> Thanks Mike! I will hold off on starting the release process until
>> next Wednesday at the earliest.
>>
>> >We should really reserve some time to "stop" adding new features and
>> >only fix bugs and API hickups
>>
>> 6_0 branch should already be in feature freeze. Only bug fixes, and
>> API cleanups (along with any necessary testing) should be committed
>> to 6_0.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes, please delay!
>>> The code is not yet releasable without further testing and API
>>> cleanups. That's my personal opinion, but others might have the same
>>> impression. A major release like 6.0 always needs some time for the
>>> pre-release cleanup, like deprecated APIs, API problems,... We
>>> should really reserve some time to "stop" adding new features and
>>> only fix bugs and API hickups. I wish, I could help, but I am
>>> unfortunately very busy at the moment.
>>>
>>> Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
I need to check whether the Solr UI messages need quietening down
(removing the big red "experimental" banners).

This is trivial work that should be done before the 6.0 release.
Apologies for going silent here - I've been absorbing the impact of
major life changes.

Upayavira

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, at 01:37 PM, Nicholas Knize wrote:
> Thanks Mike! I will hold off on starting the release process until
> next Wednesday at the earliest.
>
> >We should really reserve some time to "stop" adding new features and
> >only fix bugs and API hickups
>
> 6_0 branch should already be in feature freeze. Only bug fixes,
> and API cleanups (along with any necessary testing) should be
> committed to 6_0.
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>> Hi,

Yes, please delay!

The code is not yet releasable without further testing and API
cleanups. That's my personal opinion, but others might have the same
impression. A major release like 6.0 always needs some time for the pre-
release cleanup, like deprecated APIs, API problems,... We should

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Posted by Nicholas Knize <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

Yes, please delay!
The code is not yet releasable without further testing and API cleanups. That's my personal opinion, but others might have the same impression. A major release like 6.0 always needs some time for the pre-release cleanup, like deprecated APIs, API problems,... We should really reserve some time to "stop" adding new features and only fix bugs and API hickups. I wish, I could help, but I am unfortunately very busy at the moment.

Uwe

-----

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Hi Nick,