Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Smith, Johnathan M." <js...@ubspw.com> on 2002/10/16 23:35:46 UTC

Downside with templates

I have a template like the one coded below. I would like to know the
downside if any of using a parameter for the body insert jsp file?

We are only coding it this way due to the project manger does not feel the
need to make a template for each one so we are going to pass a parameter
called body to the jsp and have it add the file at runtime.  Please tell me
any downsides to this.  Also I am using WSAD any way to see the source for
this?

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.http.*" %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.jsp.*" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-template.tld" prefix="template" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/cdd.tld" prefix="cdd"  %>

<template:insert template="TempTest.jsp">
<template:put name="header" content="header.jsp"/>
<template:put name="navbar" content="navbar.jsp"/>
<template:put name="body" content="<%= request.getParameter(\"body\") %>"/>

</template:insert>