Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Ariel Jakobovits <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2012/02/29 01:36:00 UTC

Desktop, mobile...tv/bluray

We have a list of components for desktop, and an emerging list of components designed for mobile. Anyone working with even lower power tv and blueray devices that could benefit from even more lightweight components?

Ariel Jakobovits
ajakobov@adobe.com
650-350-0282

Re: Desktop, mobile...tv/bluray

Posted by andrei apostolache <ap...@gmail.com>.
Well, it might be an interesting component, but from my experience and the
purpose of it, I always tried not to use it. The memory usage is enormous
for what it suppose  to do.
But this is a different story, I was just trying to give some hints of new
components that might improve the current SDK and I'm pretty sure that
there are other existing components that might need a tweak.

Regards,
Andrei.

Re: Desktop, mobile...tv/bluray

Posted by Robert Cesaric <ro...@cesaric.com>.

Re: Desktop, mobile...tv/bluray

Posted by andrei apostolache <ap...@gmail.com>.
To have a tooltip on disable can be made by creating a custom button skin
or an custom button, which is not that hard.
I'm thinking of generic components, which you either use mx components and
lose performance, or build your own spark component.
One of the spark advantages was that couple of mx components now are
redundant (mx:Repeater can easily be a list with an itemRenderer). But, as
I point in my previous mail, is quite hard to skin the existing calendar to
fit both mobile and web development (and is quite easy and fast to build a
component that has the behavior of the calendar from Android 4, again, is
just a simple list with an item renderer and a tile layout).

Re: Desktop, mobile...tv/bluray

Posted by manish sharma <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Desktop, mobile...tv/bluray

Posted by andrei apostolache <ap...@gmail.com>.