Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org> on 2020/08/18 02:59:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] ONLY support etcd v3 for next major version.

Hi:

Support etcd v3 is on the way, here is the PR [1], it'll be merged soon.

I think we can support etcd v3 ONLY. The users can follow doc [2], migrate
application data from `v2` to `v3`.

Since the v3 and v2 versions of etcd are quite different, I think we can
use `2.0` version,
changing the major version makes it easier for users to pay attention to
the difference.

[1] https://github.com/apache/apisix/pull/2036
[2]
https://github.com/etcd-io/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/op-guide/v2-migration.md

--

*MembPhis*
My GitHub: https://github.com/membphis

Re: [DISCUSS] ONLY support etcd v3 for next major version.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
hello,
the etcd v3 PR[1] has been merged, so I think it's time to release APISIX
2.0.

[1] https://github.com/apache/apisix/pull/2036

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

Wo Soyoung <wo...@gmail.com> 于2020年8月22日周六 下午2:28写道:

Posted by Wo Soyoung <wo...@gmail.com>.
Hi community,