Posted to user@hive.apache.org by johny casanova <pc...@outlook.com> on 2016/08/10 13:32:55 UTC

hiver errors

helo,

I just installed hive and getting this errors:

in the Hive metastore server:

Metastore thrift server threw an exception

metaexception(message:Version information not found in metastore.)

then on the hiveserver2

WARN hive.metastore: set_ugi() not successful, Likely cause: new client talking to old server. Continuing without it.
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

I'm using CDH 5.7.0

Re: hiver errors

Posted by johny casanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
Helo,

I was able to get in to the hive cli. I get the message "warning hive CLI is deprecated and migration to beeline is recommended."

CDH 5.7.0 uses hive version 1.1.0-cdh5.7.0

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
this error messages says everything you need to know:

>Likely cause: new client talking to old server. Continuing without it.

when you upgrade hive you also need to upgrade the metastore schema.
failing to do that can trigger the message you're getting.

Re: hiver errors

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
which version of hive it it?