Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Igor Suhorukov <ig...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/18 07:58:00 UTC

How to use Apache Camel and "camel-gcode" to control CNC machine

  Hi team,

This is post based on my conference report
<http://2016.secr.ru/lang/en/program/submitted-presentations/use-groovy-java-to-automate-cnc>
from Central & Eastern European Software Engineering Conference in Russia
2016.

Let’s sequentially discuss topics from work and occupation, machine tools,
> java/groovy automation to the estimating the future of humanity.
>
> You will find in this article information about personal computer-aided
> manufacturing in the in-home workshop, the way from the creator’s idea to
> the end/finished item. Let’s consider the following approach for the G-code
> instruction sending from the JVM and groovy/java to the NC machine tool to
> automatize features that do not exist in *out*-*of*-the-*box *system.

http://suhorukov.blogspot.ru/2016/11/cnc-machine-control-by-using-javagroovy.html

Code available on github:
https://github.com/igor-suhorukov/camel-gcode/blob/master/CamelCNC.groovy

Russian version with video: https://habrahabr.ru/post/314462/