Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ori Marco <or...@praxell.com> on 2007/09/03 11:27:01 UTC

Append to response file

Hi

I need to append responses to same file, for example
Run 30 threads of sampler and add all responses to the same file, is it
possible?

Thanks

Ori Marko

Quality Assurance Engineer

Praxell Inc.

http://www.praxell.com <http://www.praxell.com/>

Re: Append to response file

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That is how JMeter works.

If you are running in GUI mode, just add a Simple Data Writer to the
Thread Group; all the results will be written to the same file.

In fact, if you re-run the test again later, the new results will be
appended to the same file.

In non-GUI mode you can use the -l flag to create a log file.
This is done by the jmeter-n.cmd Windows batch file if you drop a JMX
file on it.

S.

Re: Append to response file

Posted by Ronan Klyne <ro...@groupbc.com>.
Ori Marco wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to append responses to same file, for example
> Run 30 threads of sampler and add all responses to the same file, is it
> possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ori Marko
>
> Quality Assurance Engineer
>
> Praxell Inc.
>
> http://www.praxell.com <http://www.praxell.com/>

Yes, it is possible. I use the following setup to do it:

Test plan
 + Save Results to File
 + Thread Group
   + Tests here....