Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Jan Kotek <op...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/17 15:09:10 UTC

Uncommited objects and Select performance

Hi,
I have performance problem with queries on uncommited data.

I run huge import, with commit at each 10000 items. During import I
make lot of selection queries (to protect data integrity), but they
are very slow. With commit every 100 items, queries run lot of faster.

Profiler told me that most of time is spend in dataobjects and
enhancer methods (get double etc). I think OpenJPA is making linear
scan on all uncommited items.

I played with IgnoreChanges settings, but it does not seems to help.
So my question is: can I speed up those selection queries?

Thanks,
Jan

Re: Uncommited objects and Select performance

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
Jan -
Have you enhanced your Entities? What is the environment that you are
running in?

-Rick

Posted by Georgi Naplatanov <go...@oles.biz>.
Hello, Jan

may be EntityManager.flush() method will improve performance lets say on
100 inserts.

Best regards
Georgi