Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/17 03:58:02 UTC

Re: Getting Error

this is how java works.

look
public class Foo {
public void foo() {
  final OutputStream out=System.out;
  Link link=new Link("link") { public protected void onclick() {
out.println("clicked"); }}
  serialize(link);
}}

what happens in serialize() ?

Link is an anonymous class so it automatically has an implicit
reference to instance of Foo on which you called foo(); it also has an
implicit reference to any final variables you used inside the
anonymous class - it is allowed to do this because you declared the
variable as final - meaning its reference doesnt change and so the
anon class is free to store that reference in its internal state.

so when you serialize link you will also serialize the outside
instance of Foo and the final variable out.

if this didnt happen (link doesnt store out) and you serialize and
deserialize link and call onclick() what does the out inside onclick
now point to? nothing?

makes sense?

-igor

Re: Getting Error