Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/11/10 19:46:33 UTC

Dealing with github pull requests

Some of you might not be aware that we have an github mirror at https://github.com/apache/knox

So far we have’t really done much with it but I see that other Apache projects use their mirrors more extensively.  That may require some infra tickets to get some more triggers setup as I think ours is a one way synchronization currently.

However here is a neat track for generating a patch from a pull request.
https://coderwall.com/p/6aw72a/creating-patch-from-github-pull-request

This shows how to close a pull request using commit comments.
https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages/

With these two techinques we should be able to live with a read only mirror for those that want to use pull requests.

Re: Dealing with github pull requests

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.
Works for me.