Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by r d <ba...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/17 00:04:03 UTC

Batik Tutorials

Hello,

>Subject: cvs commit: xml-batik/xdocs domTutorial.xml

Batik has arrived.....Tutorials....ooh la la ...so fancy
let see.....www.objectbydesign.com
diagrams....... they need to update....

Question...
Any chance that Batik will provide Diagrams
would not have to worry about missing classes and old class
that change over time, if Batik had this...just a thought;-)

Question....
On what subjects will the tutorials be over?

I see two at the moment.
Thank you for doing this .....belive it or not it
makes is easier for beginners to learn and feel confident
to explorier the Batik landscape...so that someday they
can contribute ....little "Batikers" ...cute :-)

I will now go back to the rock I came out from under....and dream of more
Batik and SVG and Java fun......

Robert A. DiBlasi
P.S. anybody know any Batik tutorial sites or Jave applet using the the
batik toolkit.....I know...back to the rock...

Re: Batik Tutorials

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vh...@eng.sun.com>.
Robert,

r d wrote:

> Question...
> Any chance that Batik will provide Diagrams
> would not have to worry about missing classes and old class
> that change over time, if Batik had this...just a thought;-)

Are you suggesting that we include these diagrams with our distribution?

> Question....
> On what subjects will the tutorials be over?

We are working on either new or updated tutorials:

+ SVGGraphics2D
+ DOM
+ Rasterizer
+ SVG Browser
+ Transcoder

and I probably forgot some.

> I see two at the moment.
> Thank you for doing this .....belive it or not it
> makes is easier for beginners to learn and feel confident
> to explorier the Batik landscape...so that someday they
> can contribute ....little "Batikers" ...cute :-)

My dream :-)

Cheers.
V.