Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Juan Leon <jl...@carnegietech.org> on 2001/03/07 05:12:33 UTC

Re: Xerces Perl

 Thanks!

  Below I include the steps I had to take to compile it on my Linux
(RedHat 7.0, kernel 2.4.2).  It might help clueless people such as me.
It is terse, and perhaps useless.

 Thanks again,

Juan
------------------------------

Get xerces-c-src from xml.apache.org.
     cd src
     setenv XERCESCROOT <extract dir>
     ./runConfigure -plinux -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -tnative -nsocket
             Won't compile with -nlibwww, even after setting LIBWWWROOT to /usr
     gmake
     gmake install
     cd /usr/local/lib
     ln -s libxerces-cN.n.so libxerces-c.so.N.n
     ln -s libxerces-cN.n.so libxerces-c.so.N
     ln -s libxerces-cN.n.so libxerces-c.so

Install swig (rpm in powertools)
Get xerces-perl from hnine@netarx.com
   perl Makefile.PL
   setenv CPATH <xerces-c-extract-dir/include>
   edit BinMemoryInputStream.cpp and add #include <string.h> at the top.
   make
   make install

--------------050803050108050604000401--