Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/03 15:04:49 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.2.10, 3.3.4, 3.4.0 Releases

Here's the latest update on 3.2.10/3.3.4 release issues:

+ TINKERPOP-2019/TINKERPOP-2043 - Possible bugs in .NET
+ TINKERPOP-1972 - Two failing tests in .NET around inject() (I can't seem
to get to the bottom of this one)
+ https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/922 - gremlin-js script
submission (critical imo - i would hold release over this)
+ TINKERPOP-2055 which should have PR soon and fixes special case numbers
in GraphSON

We'll see what other odds/ends pop up....

AW: [DISCUSS] 3.2.10, 3.3.4, 3.4.0 Releases

Posted by Florian Hockmann <fh...@florian-hockmann.de>.
Regarding the two possible bugs in Gremlin.Net:

For TINKERPOP-2043, my current assumption is that the fix for TINKERPOP-2026 also solves this issue as TINKERPOP-2043 is caused by a failing close of WebSocket connections which is now silently catched with the fix from TINKERPOP-2026. So, I don't think that this problem can still occur. I just want to wait for confirmation from the user before we close the issue.

TINKERPOP-2019 is a lot more complicated and I still have basically no idea what causes this bug. However, I don't think that this issue should stop the release which includes other important fixes and improvements as we don't know when and if we are able to get down to this one. Since we also plan to completely rework how the ConnectionPool works in Gremlin.Net with TINKERPOP-1774 and TINKERPOP-1775, I don't think that it's worth the effort to spend a lot of time on trying to reproducing the bug.

So, yes, I'm in favour of moving forward with the release without these two issues.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.