Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Seth Call <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/28 04:10:17 UTC

Re: How do i get a text summary

Am I missing something?  Isn't this exactly what Lucene does?

Put in a value when you create your Document, get it back out when it comes
back from a search, right?

Want a text summary? Put it in to the document...

I just started playing with Lucene so maybe I'm missing something, but these
question seems quite fundamental to what Lucene is all about.

--
The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law,
which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in