Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Stephens, Christopher" <ch...@lmco.com> on 2009/08/05 19:49:43 UTC

gadgets.io.MakeRequest FEED support for images

We are using the shindig java build and want to create a generic feed
reader gadget.  We use a lot of atom and one of our requirements is to
use an elements image, while the current build only give the basic
elements.  Looking through the mailing list it seems like a server side
parsing of a feed is relatively new to shindig, maybe just the PHP?.  We
found where this is done in the code and it is a concrete class.  So we
wanted to see if we are welcome to expand on the FEED parsing.  And I'm
not quite sure where we currently stand on Feeds, here the last relevant
message I saw on this topic:
http://shindig-dev.markmail.org/search/?q=feed#query:feed+page:2+mid:wx3
qltpusl2yytnv+state:results

Christopher Stephens

Software Engineer Sr

Lockheed Martin

RE: gadgets.io.MakeRequest FEED support for images

Posted by "Stephens, Christopher" <ch...@lmco.com>.
John do you have any recommendation on how we should go about supporting
feed's extension elements?  I'm not clear myself what would be part of
the spec and what would shindig implementation decisions.  But I would
think the OS spec is meant so that any implementation would work.  We
could always just read in as XML and kind of make our own parser but I'd
rather not if we can expand on the functionally of the native feed
parsing.

Posted by "Stephens, Christopher" <ch...@lmco.com>.
Yes exactly.

--