Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Anirudh <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/14 17:11:03 UTC

MXNet 1.2 release question ?

Hi all,

Our vote got blocked on general@ list. The main reason was the inclusion of
a file with category b license in non binary form:
"3rdparty/googletest/googlemock/docs/DevGuide.md".
This file needs to be removed from source.

There are two options we have right now:

1. Remove the DevGuide.md from source and call for a new vote.
2. Remove the DevGuide.md, fix some other license issues and also fix some
other issues: compilation issues on older versions of mac 10.10 or older,
push other fixes etc.

The first option would happen much quicker, since there is no change in
source apart from removal of DevGuide.md file and we can close the vote
quicker when the quorum is reached.

The second option will have to go through the full vote cycle again but
will fix some issues with previous RC.

I am inclined to do 1 currently since I don't see the compilation issue on
older version of Mac as a critical one and we are already considerably late
with the release.

I would like to know what you guys think.

Anirudh

Re: MXNet 1.2 release question ?

Posted by Anirudh <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hen,

The project didn't publish any such guaranteed timeline for releases. What
I meant with "late with release" was that this release had taken more time
than any previous releases that I can recall.

Anirudh

Posted by Hen <ba...@apache.org>.

Posted by Indhu <in...@gmail.com>.
Justin's -1 does not block the release if we can get one more +1. Do we
have one more mentor or someone else who can +1 the release in general list?

Posted by Anirudh <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,