Posted to users@maven.apache.org by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at> on 2007/03/16 13:48:54 UTC

[M2] maven-release-plugin and javadoc @version tags

Hi All,

i just was wondering if there is any possibility to tell the
maven-release-plugin, to change ALL the source files as well?

i mean, it would be nice, if the @version javadoc tag would be automatically
changed for each class.

For e.g. when releasing version 1.7 and changing to 1.8-SNAPSHOT, all
@version tags (for each class) should be changed to 1.8 (right after the
release).

If someone knows a way to do this pls let me know.
Maybe there is another plugin that is capable of this functionality?

thx
R.C.

Re: [M2] maven-release-plugin and javadoc @version tags

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
You have right, it should be better to give more information.
I was thinking about something like this [1] (cf section Filtering Source
Code)

But it's better to have a filter parameter directly in the
maven-javadoc-plugin.
It seems it's not the case for the moment. Open a jira for this enhancement.

HTH,

Rémy

[1] http://www.jroller.com/rss/l2fprod?catname=/Java

Re: [M2] maven-release-plugin and javadoc @version tags

Posted by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at>.
I'm sorry but i don't know anything about filtering? What do you mean
exactly?

i thought maven-properties are only accessible within the pom.xml file?

What i need is a plugin, that looks at the ${pom.version} and the walks
through all my packages (in my source folder) and change the @version
javadoc tag in every single java class file.

I couldn't find any plugin doing this.
Maybe this filtering you mentioned can help?

thx
R.C.

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,