Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@apache.org> on 2016/04/04 17:03:06 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] merge the proton mailing list into the users/dev lists

There were 13 binding +1 votes received and another 2 from users, with
no other votes received. The vote has passed.

I'll chat with infra in the days ahead about how things proceed.

Robbie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@apache.org>.
On 4 April 2016 at 16:03, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> There were 13 binding +1 votes received and another 2 from users, with
> no other votes received. The vote has passed.
>
> I'll chat with infra in the days ahead about how things proceed.
>
> Robbie

I've discussed this with infra.

Whilst they wouldn't normally like to subscribe folks to other lists,
given the particular situation they said they thought it OK to
subscribe the ~50 relevant folks who aren't on both lists to users@,
provided we are prompt in addressing any concerns from those affected.

The old mail archive should remain in its current place, and we should
be able to alias proton@ towards users@ afterwards to allow incoming
mails to the address to keep working.

If I haven't seen anyone object in the next couple days, I will proceed to:
- Announce the upcoming changes in their own thread, for any folks not
following this as we go.
- Raise an INFRA JIRA to move the PROTON JIRA mails to dev@
- Raise an INFRA JIRA to move the Proton GitHub mirror integration mails to dev@
- Wait a week or so and then send request for the relevant subscribers
be added to users@, and proton@ be shut off.

Robbie

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] merge the proton mailing list into the users/dev lists

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@apache.org>.