Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it> on 2002/07/12 18:46:49 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.3 and session handling

Hi all!!
I have Tomcat 4.0.3 installed, Apache 2.0.36 with warp connector (but the
problem happens also with tomcat standalone)

my welcome page is index.jsp, like configured in web.xml (in order i have
index.jsp, index.htm, index.html).
I try to test my site without cookies, so it usually rewrite URLs.

I do not have problems going from a page to another, the session is always
rewritten on the URL.
But i found a problem. If from a page i try to go onto the root ... like
www.mysite.com/  without specifying any file,
Tomcat creates a new session also if the jsessionid is appended to the URL.
This happens with IE5, 6 and NS4.7, so i must think is a Tomcat problem.
I think the problem is because tomcat tries to redirect from / to the
welcome page, but dont rewrite the URL.
Hope u can understand my english......
Someone can help me? thanx

have a nice weekend