Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com> on 2015/04/25 13:13:58 UTC

adding -x flag cause postfix to send delivery status reports

When I added the -x flag to spams-milter I did get mysql and virtual user lookups, but I also get delivery status reports for every single message the server processes delivered to the root mailbox.

from man sendmail:
-bv    Do not collect or deliver a  message.  Instead,  send  an  email
       report  after  verifying each recipient address.  This is useful
       for testing address rewriting and routing configurations.

man spamass-milter:
-x     Pass the recipient address through sendmail -bv, which will per-
       form virtusertable and alias expansion.  The resulting username
       is then passed to spamc.  Requires the -u flag.

Is there anything I can do to get the lookup I want from -x without the report I don’t want from sendmail?

(without the -x I get "spamd: handle_user (userdir) unable to find user: ‘ron’” for all virtual users)

--
'Things either exist or they don't,' said Jeremy. 'I am very clear about
that. I have medicine.' --The Thief of Time

Re: adding -x flag cause postfix to send delivery status reports

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 25.04.15 05:13, @lbutlr wrote:
>When I added the -x flag to spams-milter I did get mysql and virtual user
> lookups, but I also get delivery status reports for every single message
> the server processes delivered to the root mailbox.
>
>from man sendmail:
>-bv    Do not collect or deliver a  message.  Instead,  send  an  email
>       report  after  verifying each recipient address.  This is useful
>       for testing address rewriting and routing configurations.
>
>man spamass-milter:
>-x     Pass the recipient address through sendmail -bv, which will per-
>       form virtusertable and alias expansion.  The resulting username
>       is then passed to spamc.  Requires the -u flag.
>
>Is there anything I can do to get the lookup I want from -x without the report I don’t want from sendmail?
>
>(without the -x I get "spamd: handle_user (userdir) unable to find user: ‘ron’” for all virtual users)

I'm thinking about complaining to postfix author(s).  Unfortunately last
week I found postfix "issue" that "-v" option to sendmail causes delivery
notification, not just verbose reporting of mail sending, like sendmail
does. they seem to like reports way too much

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)