Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by qu...@metronet.com on 2001/05/11 05:42:05 UTC

Using SOAP without HTTP

Howdy!

I'm having difficulty finding information on how to use/modify SOAP
using a transport other than HTTP. The SOAP spec says it is possible
as well as numerous online articles and tutorials, but I have yet to
actually
find examples of how to do it, or what the spec is for using a transport
other
than HTTP. I am writing in Java and would like to implement SOAP over
proprietary protocol(s) for a client where HTTP is not an option.

Thanks, Derek
quikdraw@metronet.com

Re: Using SOAP with HTTPS

Posted by William Bathurst <wb...@us.oracle.com>.
I think your SSL installation is flawed since it doesn't understand any of
the SSL directives.
I would look at ww.modssl.org and perform the modssl install from scratch.

Posted by William Bathurst <wb...@us.oracle.com>.

Using SOAP with HTTPS

Posted by gdelgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.

Using SOAP with HTTPS

Posted by gdelgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by "Michael J. Hudson" <mh...@blueprinttech.com>.
Just as a reminder...
though Apache's SMTP is a solution... please keep in mind, that there
is no standard way of using SOAP over SMTP or any other protocol other
than HTTP (and there's still parts in that, that arent clear).  Thus,
keep in mind that SMTP solutions are vendor specific and all clients
will have to write to the Apache implementation, not to a SOAP standard.

-------------------------------------
Michael J. Hudson
Software/Framework Engineer
mhudson@blueprinttech.com

cell-phone: 703.362.8039
voice-mail: 703.827.0638 ext. 4786
fax: 703.734.0987

Blueprint Technologies
"Great software starts with great architecture"
http://www.blueprinttech.com

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by "Michael J. Hudson" <mh...@blueprinttech.com>.
Just as a reminder...

-------------------------------------

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by David Russell <dr...@bindsys.com>.

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by David Russell <dr...@bindsys.com>.

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by Michael Hudson <mh...@blueprinttech.com>.

---------------------------------

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by Michael Hudson <mh...@blueprinttech.com>.

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by Alex Kordun <ak...@cornell.edu>.
I think there's also an implementation for the SMTP transport as well:

....\xml-soap\java\src\org\apache\soap\transport\smtp\

Alex

Re: Using SOAP without HTTP

Posted by Alex Kordun <ak...@cornell.edu>.