Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Karts <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/19 20:03:50 UTC

Camel tracer logs in hawtio

Hi,

I have Camel deployed as a war in a Jetty container, along with hawtio as a
war as well.

Everything works well and as expected, but I am wondering if I can see the
Camel tracer interceptor logs in the Logs tab of hawtio.

I have tracing enabled with the usual:

<camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring" trace="true"
...>

Thanks

Re: Camel tracer logs in hawtio

Posted by Karts <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you! I can confirm it works very well

Re: Camel tracer logs in hawtio

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes as then its the same jvm that host the same app and you are in
better control of the logging. You can then add that log4j-insight
mbean that is needed.

See here how ActiveMQ does it
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/assembly/src/release/conf/activemq.xml#L32

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Karts <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it work if we run Camel as a standalone app with hawtio embedded? It
> should be possible for us to switch to this.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2nd edition:
https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: Camel tracer logs in hawtio

Posted by Karts <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

No that dont work container wise, currently it was working for karaf
and ohters such as activemq.
For it to work general in war, hawtio would need to access the server
log file, which it can't ... yet.
There may be a ticket in the hawtio tracker, if not you are welcome to log one.

https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Karts <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Camel deployed as a war in a Jetty container, along with hawtio as a
> war as well.
>
> Everything works well and as expected, but I am wondering if I can see the
> Camel tracer interceptor logs in the Logs tab of hawtio.
>
> I have tracing enabled with the usual:
>
> <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring" trace="true"
> ...>
>
> Thanks