Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Roland Carlsson <bu...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/31 07:16:16 UTC

How to use the generated classes

Hi!

I got the following code (se enclosed zip) when running wsdl2java but I
don't understand how to use it. I would like to get the address of the
estate but I don't find how. As far as I can see there are no connection to
between the Fast3KObjectSoap and the EstateObject at all. What am I missing?

fast3k.zip is the code generated from the wsdl.
fast3kObject.wsdl is the entrypoint wsdl
fast3Object-estateobject.wsdl called from fast3Object.wsdl

Thanks in advance
Roland

Re: How to use the generated classes

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
That explains quite a bit.   That message is not valid according to the
schema.

      <s:element name="GetObjectResponse">
        <s:complexType>
          <s:sequence>
            <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="GetObjectResult">
              <s:complexType>
                <s:sequence>
                  <s:any namespace="http:/Fast3k/Services/fast3kObject.xsd" />
                </s:sequence>
              </s:complexType>
            </s:element>
          </s:sequence>
        </s:complexType>
      </s:element>

The GetObjectResponse object is allowed at most a single "GetObjectResult"
child element, which does match. The GetObjectResult element can only have a
SINGLE child element, and it's namespace must be
http:/Fast3k/Services/fast3kObject.xsd.     Your message has two child
elements.   The first is a "xs:schema" element, the second is
a "diffgr:diffgram" element.   Neither properly matches.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: How to use the generated classes

Posted by Roland Carlsson <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roland Carlsson <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Not seeing the actual soap message, it's hard to say, but most likely, you
would do:

EstateObject obj = (EstateObject)result.getAny();

Your schema doesn't "type" the data in the GetObjectResult.   It uses
an "xs:any".   The code generators map that to an "Object", but at runtime,
it should be castable into the EstateObject.

The getAny() call MAY return a JAXBElement that holds the EstateObject.   Not
really sure.   You would need to try it and see.

Dan

On Friday 31 October 2008 11:46:53 am Roland Carlsson wrote:
> Hi Glen!
>
> I have generated java-files with wsdl2java (see attached wsdl files).
>
> The generated files (also attached) allows me to call the webservice
> (successfully as far as I can see).
> The generated files does not allow me to get any of the content that the
> webservice generates.
>
> How am I supposed to get the values that the webservice return? Am I not
> supposed to use the EstateObject (se attached zipfile) to access the
> returned object from the webservice?
>
> Is it so that wsdl2java can't handle the wsdl?
> Is it so that something is wrong with the wsdl?
>
> The link about wrapper/non-wrapper i didn't understand. Shouldn't wsdl2java
> handle this for me?
>
> Best regards
> Roland
>

> 2008/10/31 Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>
>
> > If I understand your problem correctly (and I may be quite wrong here),
> > you have a JAXB object called "Human" that has a String property
> > (variable) called "Name".  You want to work with Human objects but the
> > web service calls are just giving you names instead.
> >
> > You can probably just create a Human object and initialize it with the
> > name variable that the web service call is returning, if you wish.
> >
> > I would also look more at the wrapper/non-wrapper discussion here:
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/wsdl-to-java.html#WSDLtoJava-wrapperstyl
> >
> > HTH,
> > Glen
> >
> > Roland Carlsson-5 wrote:
> > > _getObject_return is not an EstateObject and gives me no way of getting
> > > the
> > > EstateObject. Wsdl2java has generated an class called EstateObject. But
> > > how
> > > am I supposed to get an instance of it?
> > >
> > > Three questions:
> > > 1) Is there anything wrong with the wsdl that could cause wsdl2java go
> > > banans?
> > > 2) Is there anything wrong with wsdl2java?
> > > 3) Is there anything I have missed, if so please complete the above
> > > example
> > > with the line of code missing.
> >
> > --

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: How to use the generated classes

Posted by Roland Carlsson <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen!

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roland Carlsson <bu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your replies, I'll try to clarify.

If you look at the zip-file you will find a client-implementation (sent in
the first mail). It contains the following code

Fast3KObject ss = new Fast3KObject(wsdlURL, SERVICE_NAME);
Fast3KObjectSoap port = ss.getFast3KObjectSoap();
java.lang.String _getObject_objectNo = "547200";
se.redpill.alfresco.module.jkp.wsclient.fast3k.GetObjectResponse.GetObjectResult
_getObject__return = port.getObject(_getObject_objectNo);

_getObject_return is not an EstateObject and gives me no way of getting the
EstateObject. Wsdl2java has generated an class called EstateObject. But how
am I supposed to get an instance of it?

Three questions:
1) Is there anything wrong with the wsdl that could cause wsdl2java go
banans?
2) Is there anything wrong with wsdl2java?
3) Is there anything I have missed, if so please complete the above example
with the line of code missing.

Thank you very much

Best regards
Roland

Posted by jim ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure I understand your question. What are you expect ?