Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2015/07/28 16:32:16 UTC

[URGENT] Please keep master stable for a few days

Hi all,

we’re trying to figure out how to deal with the 6.0.x release / branch, so I’m asking everyone to keep changes to the master branch at a minimum for the time being (at least a couple of days). Fixes for outright bugs is fine, but use your best judgement. Fwiw, our two options right now are:

	1) Sift through all master commits / Jira’s since we branched 6.0.x, and cherry-pick carefully.

	2) Merge all of current master to 6.0.x, and reset the 6.0.x release cycle.

Neither are particularly attractive, but things have run out of hands a bit (not to mention the confusion around Jira’s and fix versions, commit reverts and commit messages etc, see previous emails).

Thanks,

— leif