Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2006/07/06 17:17:52 UTC

Raymond's data transformation framework checked in for core2

Thanks to Raymond, we have the start of an extensible data
transformation framework for core2. I've checked it in for him but
have not added it to the build since I couldn't get the plugins to
download properly (it may just be the maven repo at Sun was down).
Raymond, could you take a look and since it is checked in, we can
work from patches now on?

I'll let Raymond describe what he did but it looks like it handles a
number of databinding frameworks, including SDO, JAXB, Castor, Axiom
and XMLBeans.

I think it would also be interesting to see if we could add E4X
support. Ant, are you interested in this, since you have been active
with JavaScript and have mentioned using E4X in transformation
scenarios in the past?

Thanks Raymond!

Jim

RE: Raymond's data transformation framework checked in for core2

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
Hi, this is a good news. I will try to use this in Celtix binding.

Thanks,
Jervis

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Hi Raymond,

I now you posted a while back but people may have forgotten: could
you explain or point us to the shortest-path algorithm you used
(there was a picture) and describe the architectural approach you
took with this?  Thanks a bunch.

Also, Ant, I see E4X listed.  Are you interested in providing input
for that?

Jim

P.S. I'll post the patch tomorrow when I'm rested or if someone else
gets to it before then, go for it.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jim.

Thank you for checking them into the sandbox.

Here's a patch enabling the build and test for all the projects. I found out
the Sun's jaxb-impl 2.0.1 has an incorrect dependency to jaxb-api 2.0.1
which doesn't exist. I downgraded it to jaxb-impl 2.0.

I'll post a list of features and todos to the mailling list later.

Thanks,
Raymond