Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Amit V Shah <as...@tagaudit.com> on 2004/09/08 16:54:34 UTC

What is flux tool used for !!!!!!

Hi all,

Please pardon my stupid question. But I am still not able to understand how
various modules fit with apache turbine. I want to use the Fulcrum Security,
with its turbine adapter, Hibernate as the O/R Mapping. I have a prototype
that someone had created and have to develope more on it. There are couple
of things that confuse me with the prototype that this person developed.

1.  What is he using Flux tool for?
2.  There is a class called
    - public class SecurityServiceAdapter extends
org.apache.fulcrum.security.adapter.turbine.SecurityServiceAdapter
  - The JavaDoc for this class says- This class exists because the Turbine
adapter to the Fulcrum security model is not yet fully implemented. Once it
is, this class should be eliminated and the reference in
WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties changed back to the actual Fulcrum
object.
  - This class only implements one method and that is -
    - public org.apache.turbine.util.security.AccessControlList getACL(User
user) throws org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBackendException,
org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException
  - Now from what I understand, the antelope application uses Hibernate,
Fulcrum Security and Turbine. So then why would I need this
SecurityServiceAdapter ...

Please help !!!!!

Thanks,
Amit

RE: What is flux tool used for !!!!!!

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I would love a patch file with that.   As a long time user, I don't always
know how to phrase things properly for new people to understand.  Just send
in a patch file and I'll commit it.

Eric

RE: What is flux tool used for !!!!!!

RE: What is flux tool used for !!!!!!