Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jason Toy <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 23:59:07 UTC

composite Unique Keys?

I have several different document types that I store.  I use a serialized
integer that is unique to the document type.  If I use id as the uniqueKey,
then there is a possibility to have colliding docs on the id, what would be
the best way to have a unique id given I am storing my unique identifier in
an integer field? I've seen other solutions where the unique is consists of
"DocTypeString 123245"  as the id which seems pretty inefficient to me.

RE: composite Unique Keys?

Posted by "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Ja...@dot.wi.gov>.
We generated our own concatenated key (original customer, who may historically have different addresses, etc.).  If there is a way for Solr to do that automatigically, I'd love to hear about it.

I don't think that the extra bytes for the key itself (String vs. binary integer) is all that much of a consideration unless you have billions of "documents".

JRJ