Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Yang Zhou <ar...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/09 02:36:51 UTC

[ASoC]Want guide for alibaba summer of code.

Hi,

I am a college student from China who want to apply for ASoC.
I have experience on contribute to open source, not accepted by GSoC(other
community) and want to contribute to dubbo.
I am experienced in Java, and have experience in using spring and netty. I
believe that I am able to commit code to dubbo.
I want some guide for contribute and want to know the way of communicate
with. I found there is few poeple in gitter and is it a correct way to
create a PR through the issues?

Yang Zhou

Re: [ASoC]Want guide for alibaba summer of code.

Posted by Yang Zhou <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have some questions about gRPC extenstion.

1. When I refer to the Thirft implementation of Dubbo I found there are
native-thrift and thrift, and thrift was deprecated. I wonder the
differences between them, is that mean dubbo no longer support dubbo custom
thrift?

2. When I use gRPC and Thrift found they have the similarity that use
theirselves compiler to compile from .protobuf or .thrift file to .java not
using custom encodng.
But I found the thrift codec2 implementation was customized, and what
should gRPC protocol do about the protocl codec? Using native gRPC protocol
of customeize a codec for gRPC.

Best Regards!

Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> 于2019年5月13日周一 下午5:12写道:

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [ASoC]Want guide for alibaba summer of code.

Posted by Yang Zhou <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Huxing,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,