Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/09 16:39:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Streams Master 0.1-incubating Release

Discussion thread for .1-incubating release of streams master POM

Re: [DISCUSS] Streams Master 0.1-incubating Release

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ate - I will make sure these are tracked issues in Jira for a .2 release

Jason

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Jason Letourneau
<jl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So i most certainly messed this up a bit by releasing from the staging
> repo prior to the IPMC vote...as Matt stated though we have the IPMC
> votes in our group, so hopefully this clunky first release won't be
> noticed too much...my thoughts are that starting the VOTE on general
> would be appropriate now and to identify that this misstep has
> occurred...any thoughts to the contrary? Or suggestions for a way
> forward?

Replied in my other e-mail.  I would send an e-mail to general asking
for guidance.  Note that it was a mistake and that you realize the
IPMC as a whole needs to vote; but in this case you do have 4 +1s from
IPMC members.

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
<jl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A question on process.  As I understand, in the nexus repo I am
> supposed to release the binary as a result of our vote at this time,
> but upon re-reading your post - I am to wait and put the closed repo
> up for vote in the staging area?

Nothing should be promoted in the Nexus staging repository until after
the IPMC vote has concluded.  In the incubator, only the IPMC can
officially release code.  The PPMC release vote is to train the
community on the proper processes & procedures for release.

There are also two parts to a release that uses Maven, the repository
release in Nexus and the source archive that needs to be put on
http://www.apache.org/dist so that it gets mirrored.

I see that you released it already in Nexus.  Since the whole IPMC has
not had the opportunity to vote on the release, this is not great.  I
am pretty sure we can ask INFRA to drop the release, but given you
have 4 +1s, I would recommend sending and e-mail to the IPMC
(general@incubator.a.o) asking for what should be done about the Nexus
artifacts that have accidentally been released.  Maybe the other
mentors will have better history and process for this than I.

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.