Posted to user@struts.apache.org by manoj JC <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/24 06:20:26 UTC

How to execute an initialization by using another servlet entry in web.xml

Can somebody provide some sample code to do this. Please look at this link
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsInitialization.
I want to use #3 approach mentioned in this link.

My questions are :

(A stupid question) Does this initialization class that I would specify in
web.xml, should it be a servlet,ActionServlet, or most importantly could it
be a just an ordinary java class.

How do I access this servlet entry(this instance of class) from my main
ActionServlet?

Thank you

Re: How to execute an initialization by using another servlet entry in web.xml

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
If you are using approach #3 then extend HttpServlet. However, you
should not need to be accessing the ActionServlet from the init servlet.
Perhaps you could provide some more background on what you are trying to
accomplish.