Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com> on 2010/10/21 19:02:03 UTC

Exception with Pivot 2.0

Hi,

                I'm getting the exception below with the latest
(yesterday) head revs of Pivot 2.0, but I'm not getting the same error
with 1.5.2.  Maybe this is something else I've not considered in the
migration, but it is just from an empty TextArea, so it seems like a
bug.

                Anyway, this is the code snippet (in a .wtkx file in
1.5.2 and a .bxml in 2.0):

                               <Border title=" QUERY "
preferredWidth="700" preferredHeight="400"

                                  styles="{color:'#404040',
titleColor:'#000000', thickness:2,

                                  cornerRadii:20, padding:8,
backgroundColor:'#E8E8E8'}">

                                 <content>

                                  <BoxPane orientation="vertical">

                                    <ScrollPane>

                                      <view>

                                        <TextArea preferredWidth="650"
preferredHeight="160"/>

                                      </view>

                                    </ScrollPane>

. . .

And this is the exception I get when I click on the TabPane that
encloses this:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index -1 out of bounds.

        at
org.apache.pivot.collections.ArrayList.verifyIndexBounds(ArrayList.java:
577)

        at
org.apache.pivot.collections.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:346)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.TextArea.getParagraphAt(TextArea.java:852)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.TextAreaSkin.getCharacterBounds(TextAreaSkin.j
ava:407)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.TextAreaSkin.scrollCharacterToVisible(TextArea
Skin.java:422)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.TextAreaSkin.focusedChanged(TextAreaSkin.java:
1105)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component$ComponentStateListenerList.focusedChanged
(Component.java:386)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component.setFocused(Component.java:2373)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component.setFocusedComponent(Component.java:2441)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component.requestFocus(Component.java:2385)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.requestFocus(Container.java:470)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.requestFocus(Container.java:470)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.requestFocus(Container.java:470)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.requestFocus(Container.java:470)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.requestFocus(Container.java:470)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.requestFocus(Container.java:470)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.TerraTabPaneSkin.selectedIndexChanged(Te
rraTabPaneSkin.java:1569)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.TabPane$TabPaneSelectionListenerList.selectedIndexC
hanged(TabPane.java:244)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.TabPane.setSelectedIndex(TabPane.java:332)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.TerraTabPaneSkin$2.selectionChanged(Terr
aTabPaneSkin.java:572)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.ButtonGroup$ButtonGroupListenerList.selectionChange
d(ButtonGroup.java:46)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.ButtonGroup.setSelection(ButtonGroup.java:128)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Button.setState(Button.java:469)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Button.setSelected(Button.java:432)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.TerraTabPaneSkin$TabButton.press(TerraTa
bPaneSkin.java:128)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.TerraTabPaneSkin$TabButtonSkin.mouseClic
k(TerraTabPaneSkin.java:386)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component$ComponentMouseButtonListenerList.mouseCli
ck(Component.java:483)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component.mouseClick(Component.java:2801)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:774)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:759)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:759)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:759)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:759)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:759)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:759)

        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.mouseUp(Container.java:759)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.ApplicationContext$DisplayHost.processMouseEvent(Ap
plicationContext.java:909)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.ApplicationContext$DisplayHost.processEvent(Applica
tionContext.java:709)

        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)

        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown
Source)

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown
Source)

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

Any thoughts?  Am I missing something I should be doing to better
initialize the TextArea??  Thanks.

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Ingres Corporation

roger.whitcomb@ingres.com <ma...@ingres.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.

RE: Exception with Pivot 2.0

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com>.
Okay, that seems to fix it.  Thank you.

Roger Whitcomb | Architect, Engineering | Roger.Whitcomb@ingres.com|
Ingres | 500 Arguello Street | Suite 200 | Redwood City | CA | 94063 |
USA
<http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=500+Arguello+Street+%7C
+Suite+200+%7C+Redwood+City+%7C+CA+%7C+94063+%7C+USA+&sll=37.0625,-95.67
7068&sspn=50.557552,73.037109&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr>  | +1
650-587-5596 | fax: +1 650-587-5550

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

RE: Exception with Pivot 2.0

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com>.