Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christophe Herreman <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 19:14:39 UTC

Building the SDK with Java 7

Hi all,

I've changed the SDK a bit to be able to build it with Java 7. Everything
seems to compile, although that is no guarantee that things will actually
work.

The main problem is the Batik dependency. The version used by the trunk
version is 1.6. When building with Java 7, this results in some compiler
errors for classes in the com.sun.* packages. So I've updated the build
scripts to use Batik version 1.7 (there is an option to NOT use the Sun
classes in the build file of that version) and resolved some more compiler
issues (missing dependency xml-apis-ext.jar, API changes in the
dependencies).

Attached is a patch with the changes. Please try this out if you have a
moment and let me know if this works for you. These changes are compatible
with Java 6, so when applying the patch you should still be able to build
the SDK without changing your Java installation.

cheers,
Christophe

--
Christophe Herreman
http://www.herrodius.com

Re: Building the SDK with Java 7

Posted by Christophe Herreman <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omar,

I've created the ticket and attached the patch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-48

regards,
Christophe

Op 18 april 2012 19:20 schreef Omar Gonzalez
<om...@gmail.com>het volgende:

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
HI Christophe,