Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Patrick Ferdig <pf...@comergent.com> on 2000/11/29 21:48:14 UTC

prompting during build?

Is there any mechanism to issue a prompt during the build process?  for
example, asking "Some question [default answer] ?"

I'm looking to use ant as more of an installation tool rather than a build
tool for a particular project.  has anybody used ant in this manner before?

Thanks,

Pat

Re: prompting during build?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Patrick Ferdig <pf...@comergent.com> wrote:

> Is there any mechanism to issue a prompt during the build process?
> for example, asking "Some question [default answer] ?"

Not yet, but it's funny that you ask for it, I've just come accross
the need for a task like this just this morning.

There are some problems I don't really know how to solve yet (I don't
want to read from System.in in the light of a GUI frontend for
example). I'm going to pose this on ant-dev and will work on a task
with the described funtionality, if you want to join, you're more than
welcome.

Stefan