Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/11/25 07:09:02 UTC

acquiring session in ActionForm constructor

Hi,
     I have an action form that builds a select dropdown just fine - from logic residing  in the constructor (subclass of ActionForm). Within the constructor I would like to get an object off the session. I do not want a mapping returned, so I am not overriding execute. Therefore I do not have the request object at my disposal. catch 22?
      How may I retrieve the object from the session from the Form Bean constructor?

Many Thanks

J.