Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Blargy <zm...@hotmail.com> on 2010/06/16 06:53:44 UTC

SolrEventListener

Can someone explain how to register a SolrEventListener?

I am actually interested in using the SpellCheckerListener and it appears
that it would build/rebuild a spellchecker index on commit and/or optimize
but according to the wiki "the only events that can be "listened" for are
firstSearcher  and newSearcher"
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins#SolrEventListener) Is the wiki
outdated or something?

So how can I register this (or any other event listener) to execute on
commit/optimize? Thanks

Re: SolrEventListener

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Can someone explain how to register a SolrEventListener?

*typically* it's done using the <listener> syntax as noted on the wiki
page you linked to  However...

: I am actually interested in using the SpellCheckerListener and it appears

...that listener is designed to be registred for you automaticly depending
on how you configure the SpellCheckComponent...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent#Building_on_Commits

: but according to the wiki "the only events that can be "listened" for are
: firstSearcher  and newSearcher"
: (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins#SolrEventListener) Is the wiki
: outdated or something?

that was mistaken, i've fixed it.  (but as i said: don't try to manually
register it yourself, use hte SpellCheckComponent configuration)

-Hoss

Re: SolrEventListener

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-795?focusedCommentId=12642870&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_12642870

Look for "buildOn" string in various example solrconfigs.

Otis
----

(

--