Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "João M. S. Silva" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/07 19:03:40 UTC

Re: Canonicalization support

Hi,

One more related question: how can Santuario deal with the fact that base64
text nodes are parsed by Xerces with whitespace being modified (normalized?)

Because, the sender signed the message with a specific whitespace
configuration. If Santuario receives a different whitespace configuration,
the digest won't match.

I can't see an option in Xerces to keep whitespace in base64 text nodes
(I've also asked in the mailing list) so there must be a way this issue is
worked around?

Having base64 text in XML is not that uncommon, so there must be a way to
deal with this?

Thanks.

João M. S. Silva

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
On 6/7/19, 3:04 PM, "João M. S. Silva" <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more related question: how can Santuario deal with the fact that base64 text nodes are parsed by Xerces with
> whitespace being modified (normalized?)

It can't, you can't normalize.

> I can't see an option in Xerces to keep whitespace in base64 text nodes (I've also asked in the mailing list) so there must
> be a way this issue is worked around?

Normalization is an option, and only applies to schema validation, IIRC.

-- Scott