Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Guy Davis <gu...@pason.com> on 2004/05/04 22:18:04 UTC

Help: using with appletviewer

Hello,

I'm trying to exec 'appletviewer' from Ant, however I'm not able to get
Ant to pass the command line arguments correctly.

What I want on the command line is this:

appletviewer -J-classpath -Jbuild_dir:../../some/libs/lib1.jar run.html

I've tried this from my Bash shell and the viewer launches correctly.
The reason I want Ant to exec this is that it already has a reference
for the classpath:

<path id="classpath.ref">
   <pathelement location="${build}"/>
</path>

I'd like to have this classpath expand into the above command when the
target is run.

I've tried a number of combinations, but the closest I could get was:

<target name="runApplet">
     <exec dir="." executable="appletviewer">
       <arg value="-J-classpath" />
       <arg pathref="classpath.ref"/>
       <arg value="run.html" />
     </exec>
</target>

Unfortunately, this leaves out the '-J' just before the class path
expansion.  Everything else I try doesn't expand the class path.

I'd appreciate any help the list can provide.  I looked for a
appletviewer task but couldn't find one.  Thanks in advance.

Guy