Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2013/12/16 14:07:31 UTC

Debug Hadoop Junit Test in Eclipse

Hi,

I want to trace how a file upload (-put) happens in hadoop. So Im junit
testing TestDFSShell.java. When I try to debug the test, It fails due to
test timed out exception. I believe this is because I am trying to stop one
thread while the rest are working. I have changed the breakpoint property
to suspend VM, but still same problem.

How can I trace calls made by datanode/namenode when running
TestDFSShell.java Junit test through eclipse?

I am using hadoop 2.2.0

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------
this email.

Re: Debug Hadoop Junit Test in Eclipse

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
In that case i guess you will have to statically trace the code your self.

--
Jay Vyas

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

--