Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2003/10/25 11:48:38 UTC

Re: [Math] [collections] order-statistics tree (augmented red-black)

Bryce Alcock wrote:
> I would like an order - statistics tree,
> Which behaves with the same running times
> as a standard red-black binary search
> tree.
> 1. Are there any plans to do something like
> this in either the Math, or Collections
> sections of Commons?

I don't think so.

I'm not quite familar with the term "statistics tree". If
it's a modification to rbtrees which optimizes for a
predetermined ad-hoc statistic for modification or read
access it should probably go into the collections module.
If the statistic is calculated on the fly from the access,
then, well, it should probably also go into the collections
module.

Could you explain a bit more?

J.Pietschmann