Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Nabeel Yoosuf <na...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/04 16:32:25 UTC

[Axis2] PHP XML IN-OUT Message Receiver

PHP XML IN-OUT Message Receiver

This message receiver allows you to write your web services implementation
in PHP and expose it through Axis2/C engine.

It uses PHP embed SAPI to call PHP code from C.

The README file gives some details about the receiver and how to install it.

There are two examples shipped with this. echo and math services. Drop them
into services folder and you can call it from any client!

I think this should go to a folder called "contributions" inside Axis2/C
SVN. (c/contributions/php_xml_msg_recv/)

-Nabeel

[Axis2] make dist issues

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
There are some issues with make dist as well:
1. running ./configure fails with error "config.status: error: cannot
find input file: test/core/clientapi/Makefile.in"
2. platforms headers are missing in include
3. util is missing
4. axiom is missing
5. xml_schema is missing
6. woden is missing
7. docs are missing

Please help fix this.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] make bindist issues

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> make bindist
> 1. the resulting file is axis2c-bin-0.92-linux.tar.gz, but this is in
> tar format, not zipped
> 2. docs are missing in the bin extract
> 3. .la files are present in lib folder of extract. Can we drop them?
> 4.  xml_schema header files are missing in include
> 5.  woden header files are missing in include
> 6. .a files and .la files are present in services sub folders. Can we
> get rid of them?
> 7. current log files that are present at the time of running 'make
> bindist' are packed into the log folder. We should not copy these old
> log files in to dist
> 8. an FSF INSTALL file is copied into the samples INSTALL file. This
> is *very* wrong.
> 9. can we link the README, ChangeLog, INSTALL, NEWS and COPYING files
> in the samples folder to those in the root dist folder?
> 10. running ./configure in samples folder fails with the error:
> "config.status: error: cannot find input file: client/Makefile.in"

Some more:
11. rampart module bin is missing
12. rampart sample is missing
13. xml  schema  sample  missing
14. woden sample missing

Samisa...

[Axis2] make bindist issues

Re: [Axis2] Double namespace validation mechanisms in sub build systems

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Damitha Kumarage wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>>
>>> For woden and xml_schema, I see that the include folder has a sub
>>> folder with the respective name and then we have the include files
>>> in them with the prefix axis2_woden and axis2_xml_schema.
>>> This is validating namespaces twice.
>>>
>>> 1. We do not need the sub folder
>>

>> Actually I think what we should have followed is the folder base
>> namespace rather than prefix based one. I suggest
>> this at least for the new projects. Otherwise if we make a install to
>> default places in unix it would clutter standard
>> folders with axis2 prefixed files. It is very neat if they all go
>> inside a folder like /usr/local/inclue/woden
>>
>>> 2. we do not need the axis2_ part of the prefix (Yes I know we
>>> started with these as part of axis2, but not any more)
>>

>> we don't need any prefix if we put headers in a folder
>>
>> We separed those two projects from the main code base after they were
>> already started. That's why axis2 prefix.
>> Yes we need to remove axis2 prefix not only from xml_schema and woden
>> projects but also from other axis2 platform
>> emerging projects like security etc.
>

> Well, we initially came up with the idea of having a prefix for the
> header file name by looking at the APR project as our master guide.
> What they do is that, when they install, they install stuff to a
> folder in /usr/include/apr-[n], where n represents the versions.
> As an example, I have /usr/include/apr-0/, and inside that folder all
> the headers had either apr_ or apu_ prefix.
> What this basically means is that we can accommodate parallel versions
> to reside on the same machine.
>
> Hence why not we also adhere to the same standard. We install our
> header into axis2-0.92 in install location and all the headers are put
> there with axis2_, axiom_, woden_ and xml_schema_ prefixes. When
> including the header, the use does not have to use a folder prefix in
> #include. Also, no need to bother about putting multiple paths to -I,
> all that you need is -I/usr/include/axis2-0.92 (or whatever version of
> axis2 installed). Would that not be cleaner?

Ok this has been a historical debate with us(since Axis C++ time).
Unfortunately I have forgotten(or did not understand the first time)
about the plan you described here when I created the structure for
xml_schema and woden. Anyway I would like to  make +1 for the above plan
and adhere to it. Also I'll remove axis2 prefix from
woden and xml_schema asap and prefix them with woden_ and xm_schema_
respectively.

thanks
Damitha

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [Axis2] PHP XML IN-OUT Message Receiver

Posted by Nabeel Yoosuf <na...@gmail.com>.
On 6/5/06, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nabeel wrote:
>
> > It's an independent piece of code which I'd like to license under ASF.
>
> My only concern is holding non-core stuff in Axis2/C trunk. How many
> users would want it and who would maintain it are key issues.
> BTW, you can always give it away with Apache License, and that does not
> mean that we have to have the code in Axis2/c trunk.

Yes.  I  understand  your concerns.  May be  we'll have to keep such code in
an independent repo.

-Nabeel

Samisa...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.