Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Neeraj Vaidya <ne...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID> on 2021/10/24 11:23:26 UTC

Apache Kafka mirrormaker2 : sync.group.offsets.enabled and sync.group.offsets.interval.seconds

When replicating data from one datacentre (DC1) to another (DC2) using MM2, I can see that the consumer offsets are actually getting synchronized from source to target cluster in realtime. And not really at the default sync frequency time of 60 seconds.

I have enabled both the above config options (in the subject of this post) in MM2 config.

The way I tested this is by making consumers listen to the topic , say T1 in source cluster as well as DC2.T1 in target cluster.

If I produce a message to T1 in DC1, then the consumer in DC1 consumes the message, but the consumer in DC2 which is listening on DC2.T1 does not process the message. I am guessing because the message was processed by consumer in DC1 so it does not need to be processed by the consumer in DC2 as the offsets are being synchronized.

This is actually good for me because I can then run consumers in both DC's in parallel and make use of parallelism as well as geo-redundancy.

But I would like to understand if this is expected behaviour.

Re: Apache Kafka mirrormaker2 : sync.group.offsets.enabled and sync.group.offsets.interval.seconds

Posted by Neeraj Vaidya <ne...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>.
Hello All,
Any inputs on my question below ?

Regards,