Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2009/03/04 15:39:41 UTC

RE: can tomcat 5.0 run ejb's and support online credit cardpayments

> From: laks@work [mailto:suryakul@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: can tomcat 5.0 run ejb's and support online
> credit cardpayments
>
> can you tell me which version of tomcat willl
> support the online payment handling without
> using EJB's

I think you're confused about what Tomcat does.  It's not a set of applications - it's an application server, and you must develop or acquire the applications that you want to run inside of Tomcat.  It's up to you to write or find an appropriate servlet-based application.

Any supported version of Tomcat will suffice, but I'd always recommend the latest.

 - Chuck

Re: can tomcat 5.0 run ejb's and support online credit cardpayments

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.
The PCI security requirements for doing your own credit card processing (where your system touches the credit card number in any way, and doesn't even store it) are quite extreme.  You can easily avoid all those issues if you use CyberSource's Hosted Order Page, or Auth.net's.

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
laks@work wrote:
> hi,
>           1. i decide to take up tomcat 6.0 .but how do i make the credit
> card page secure.

That's a very broad question and not really a Tomcat support question.
You may find this site useful: http://www.owasp.org/

> i am coding in java and is it possible to code the transactions without
> storing information and pass it to the API's from payment processor.

Yes.

> 2.when i launch this site how do i ensure it's security ..

Study security best practices.  A lot.

> so that people can freely use it as a secure site..what are the requirements for it to be a
> secure site.

That's not really a Tomcat support question either.

The CPI security specs are pretty explicit, though they are complicated.
 I suggest you start by reading your payment services providers
documentation and doing follow up research on any concepts you don't
understand.

The good people of this list *may* choose to give you a tutorial on this
topic, but most people are interested in solving actual problems with
the server, which you don't appear to be having yet.

Posted by "laks@work" <su...@gmail.com>.
hi,
          1. i decide to take up tomcat 6.0 .but how do i make the credit
card page secure.i am coding in java and is it possible to code the
transactions without storing information and pass it to the API's from
payment processor.
2.when i launch this site how do i ensure it's security ..so that people can

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by "laks@work" <su...@gmail.com>.
hi,
    thanks for the reply.what do you suggest ..better to use ejb's  with