Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Simpson <Mi...@Express.co.uk> on 2005/10/07 12:01:29 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP mystery on new server?

Greetings all.

I'm completely baffled at the moment. Here's the scenario:

I've designed, developed and administered my company's Intranet website,
employing HTML & PHP as the main browser technologies. We've recently moved
the Intranet from a Windows NT server to a Windows 2K server, with all
necessary software going with it (i.e. Apache, PHP, MySQL). Also, the old
server has been renamed and the new server given the old server's name.

All seemed to be working okay until I tried a webpage which uses software
I'd written in PHP - this does not work on the new server, the old server is
fine though. Only one other webpage that uses PHP is not functioning,
otherwise all other PHP webpages are functioning as they should on the new
server.

In more detail, the page that does not work uses forms to send and receive
data from a mainframe - the form shows up on both Intranet webpages fine,
but the new Intranet does not error but polls the page and eventually times
out (I guess). I'm wondering if I've missed anything out on the new server?
I don't think it's the respective code - they are identical on both servers.
I've checked php.ini and http.conf but nothing's seems to be (obviously)
wrong.

The Apache versions are 2.0.45 and 2.0.54 resp. on the old and new servers.
Both servers have PHP 4.3.9 version.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can check? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Simpson
Systems Development
Express Newspapers
Number 10, Lower Thames Street
London, EC3R 6EN
0871-520-7225   (direct line)
0871-520-7799   (IT fax)
mailto:michael.simpson@express.co.uk

Visit our websites:

http://www.dailysnack.com “bite size news and gossip”

http://www.express.co.uk The Worlds Greatest Newspaper

http://www.dailystar.co.uk Simply The Best 7 Days A Week

http://www.happymagazine.co.uk The One Stop Shopping Magazine

http://www.ok.co.uk First For Celebrity News

http://www.northernandshell.co.uk The Mark Of Excellence

http://www.expresspictures.com  Express Newspapers and OK Magazine online picture archive

Also visit:

The NMA: Opening Up Newspapers http://www.nmauk.co.uk

###2004###
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Express Newspapers
and/or privileged material.If you are not the intended recipient
of this message please do not read ,copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be
noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
E-mail communications may be monitored.

Re: [users@httpd] PHP mystery on new server?

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
> If is not some extra library or software that you forgot to install,
> check the mainframe if he requires something or complain about something
> (IP address? Firewall?)

Are you using https with a certificate that's been signed by an
intermediate CA? One of the webservers I work with had to change its
certificate because the mainframe that talked to it didn't understand
chained certificates.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] PHP mystery on new server?

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Michael Simpson wrote:
> In more detail, the page that does not work uses forms to send and receive
> data from a mainframe - the form shows up on both Intranet webpages fine,

If is not some extra library or software that you forgot to install,
check the mainframe if he requires something or complain about something
(IP address? Firewall?)

>From what you said it doesn't look like a problem with Apache.

Davide

--
Windows found - Remove? (Y)es (S)ure (F)ine (O)K