Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Pankaj Malhotra <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/18 10:48:52 UTC

Multifield query parser

Hi,
While searching across multiple fields using MultiFieldQueryParser, when a
doc is returned how do I know in this doc which field(among the multiple
fields i queried over) contained the query term?

Regards
Pankaj

Re: Multifield query parser

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> While searching across multiple fields using
> MultiFieldQueryParser, when a
> doc is returned how do I know in this doc which field(among
> the multiple
> fields i queried over) contained the query term?

You can extract that info from org.apache.lucene.search.Explanation.

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_3/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Explanation.html