Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Angelica Ardila <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 00:20:32 UTC

Support

 Good afternoon, my question is this:

That version of JDK should I use for the Tomcat 6?

Thank you very much.

Angélica Ardila

Re: Support

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
And by her innocent question, Angelica has brought out the inherent
personality of a number of people on this list..
Any more takers ?

Re: Support

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 3:50 AM, Angelica Ardila
<an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> That version of JDK should I use for the Tomcat 6?

Read the release notes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

"Tomcat 6.0 is designed to run on JSE 5.0 and later."

 - Chuck

Re: Support

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@globalwebtechsolution.com>.
I asked which version of JDK ?

Re: Support

Posted by Angelica Ardila <ma...@servisoft.com.co>.
The Apache Tomcat version 6

Re: Support

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@globalwebtechsolution.com>.
which version ?

Re: Support

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Support

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

RE: Support

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: Support

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@globalwebtechsolution.com>.

Re: Support

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: Support

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
>> That version of JDK should I use for the Tomcat 6?
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Angélica Ardila
>>
> Whichever one you like, dear. ;-)

Oh Andre... I think we have a Casanova here ;)... you devil you

> Seriously now :
> JDK 6 would probably be best, and JDK 5 should work also.
> But if it is only to run Tomcat, the JRE 6 should be enough also.

Normally I always recomment lagging a JRE version as well... avoid bleeding
edge... but these Profiling tools that came in at JDK 6 rc 6 are so good,
you just have to have it ;)

You devil....
The only real POJO Application Server.

Re: Support

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
>>>  Good afternoon, my question is this:
>>>
>>> That version of JDK should I use for the Tomcat 6?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>
>>> Angélica Ardila
>>>
>> Whichever one you like, dear. ;-)
>
> i'll wait for christopher schultz response to this answer

You are already a few off-list exchanges too late for that.
;-)

RE: Support

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Support