Posted to users@flex.apache.org by derChris <ch...@goal-games.de> on 2013/10/30 11:48:06 UTC

Using FXG in Air Mobile - What's best for the performance in my case...

I have something like a list of components (always 5 on a screen - directly
added to the stage - the compontent extend UIComponent - no list component
used).

Inside that compontents in the top right corner I have a flag (assets as
fxg).

When I page the components content changes - and often the flags will
change.
The flags should be smoothen...

What is the best way to display the flags with focus on performance???

Wrap a Group around a BitmapImage and put the fxgs as source or add the fxg
files directly every time? Or is there another, better way?

Thanks,

Christian

Re: Using FXG in Air Mobile - What's best for the performance in my case...

Posted by derChris <ch...@goal-games.de>.
I don't think thats fitting for my case as I have about 45 Flags... and they
are getting more...

So that would result in 5 Components with 2 * 45 Flag - Images... Adding 450
Images or Bitmaps or Instantiated FXGs...

Actually I think wrapping an BitmapImage in a Group and setting the Content
to an FXG seems to be the best solution...

Re: Using FXG in Air Mobile - What's best for the performance in my case...

Posted by Javier Guerrero GarcĂ­a <ja...@gmail.com>.
I had a similar problem, but with smoothed bitmap brand logos on scrolling
list of clothing items.

Finally, and mobile performance oriented, best solution seemed to be adding
all the images to stage with visibility="false", smoothed, cachedAsBitmaps,
opaqueBackgrounds and so on, and just set one visibility to true according
to your condition (or just bind the visibility to some changing var like
visibleIndex). Add some nice fades on showEffect and hideEffect, and you're
done :)

Hope it helps :)