Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/07/21 09:33:21 UTC

Re: [classlib][nio_cahr] Issue about CharsetEncdoer.flush() does not follow the spec and RI5 also doesn't follow the spec

In message <AA...@mail.gmail.com>,
Deven You writes:

> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6594
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6594>
>
> [SNIP]
>
> So now I am confused if we should modify our harmony trunk
> CharsetEncoder to comply with the java5 spec or in other hand modify
> it to comply with RI5 and java6 spec for above 2 cases? Anyone could
> give me some suggestions for this point?

I'd say match behaviour in both java5 and java6.  In the (unlikely)
event that the RI java5 behaviour is fixed to match the java5 spec then
we'd have to do the work to match the new behaviour (and spec).

Regards,
 Mark.